Thursday 17 September 2015

Rheumatoid Arthritis blog event

Regular readers will possibly remember a post I wrote a few weeks ago about becoming a blogger for Creaky Joints - you can read it HERE. It was something I thought about for some time, as this ISN'T a blog about rheumatoid arthritis (RA). I just happen to be a blogger who has RA - as opposed to being an RA blogger (things get a little bit crazy in the blogger world...). 

However, the name of this blog can be attributed in some part to me having RA, because part of why I was such an old-school mum was because I needed for everyone in the household to pitch in and do their bit - especially if I was flaring. No.1 dumped the name on me by telling people he'd been brought up by a dragon...so I figured what the hell, I'll own it! Parenting when you're healthy is a tough job. Parenting when you're not can feel like an impossible challenge some days. I wrote a post about that too, and it was the first time I brought RA to this blog specifically. You can read that post HERE.

I got an amazing response to that post. I wasn't expecting that. But one thing I've learned since I started blogging is that you can never predict which posts will take off and which ones will drop like a stone! It was due to the response I got that the whole Creaky Joints thing happened. I was a member there anyway, and I know the other Australian blogger there - Arthritic Chick. She's been enormously supportive, and convinced me to go ahead with the Creaky Joints opportunity. You can read my posts for Creaky Joints HERE

NOW, there's another opportunity... 
Get used to seeing this image... Along with Arthritic Chick, I signed up to participate in this event. All of next week, I will be posting on an RA related topic every day...there are a whole group of us, from all over the world, so it will be a range of takes on the subject prompts we've been given.

I'm already feeling a little bit like I may have bitten off a bit more than I can chew, but I'll see how I go. My current emotional state aside, I'm reasonably OK at the moment, and I don't have a big workload either, so I figured that a project might be a good way to get me focused on something other than grieving Lizzie. 


For those who don't know exactly what RA is, I'll refer you back to the post I wrote about being a Creaky Joints blogger - there's a brief description there... This project will expand on that considerably - offering insights about what living with this chronic, incurable disease is like. Comments welcome here or on the Dragon Mother Facebook page

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You have been very active in blogland lately! I am happy to share this news of yours with others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jodie. Last time I checked the list of participants, there were over thirty that had signed up, so I think it's going to be very interesting to read different takes on the same subject prompts each day. It will also be an enormous challenge to post every day - which I've NEVER done...discipline and commitment...argh! Creaky Joints has also posted about the event, so I expect it's going to generate interest on a fairly large scale - which is exciting AND a bit daunting. Note to self: Check EVERYTHING many times before hitting publish!

      Delete